About the job
Sanity Group aims to improve the quality of life for people in Europe through the meaningful use of cannabinoids. In addition to medicine, our focus is also on cannabinoid-based wellbeing and cosmetic products. We are working on and researching new medical products, innovative dosage forms and technological products & services to further develop the cannabis industry.Our mission is to help unlock the full potential of the cannabis plant and its ingredients in order to make them accessible for people.We are looking for a RETAIL OPERATIONS LEAD – CANNABIS ABGABESTELLE (F/M/D), which is a unique opportunity to gain the first ever experience operating a cannabis dispensary in Europe! In a nutshell, we are looking for someone to represent Sanity Group as part of the pilot study, requiring this person to have:
- know-how about Cannabis
- excellence in store operations and coordination
- a sensitive instinct when it comes to managing stakeholders of a scientific institute and supporting it in carrying out the pilot study as well as being our face to regulatory authorities in Switzerland
What You’ll Do
- You take over the operational lead of our Swiss recreational cannabis pilot project, with full ownership of the project and as the main representative to internal and external stakeholders.
- You support the development and optimize the strategy for our pilot dispensary and its implementation, from business cases over contract closures to overall store revenue growth, as well as analyzing and optimizing performance through relevant KPIs
- You oversee all operational processes with regards to the Swiss pilot project, including store operations and supply chain management.
- You coordinate the communication with authorities and our scientific partners regarding the progress of the associated scientific study, and further take over the organization and participation of regular meetings with these stakeholders
- You oversee the supply chain of cannabis products, plan sufficient stock and inventory, process orders with our production partner, and assure that our product quality requirements are met.
- You assist in development and operational execution of marketing and promotional activities to increase the number of participants of our pilot study
- You acquire, engage and monitor our pilot project participants with respective on- and offline measures in marketing and engagement activities
- You plan and oversee recruitment and training of operational staff for the Swiss retail location, and support the relevant departments in staff training and development.
- You are responsible for a compliant and engaging brand & dispensary experience for the Swiss project in accordance to the regulations of the BetmPV
- You oversee and assist the dispensary staff in operational tasks of the day-to-day store operation such as: advising customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs and processing customers’ payments using the dispensary’s Point of Sale (POS) system.
What You’ll Add To Our Passionate Team
- Experience in coordinating the day-to-day of a local retail business
- Experience with (medical/recreational) cannabis
- Medical, pharmaceutical background or previous experience in studies is a plus
- You know how to build, lead, and motivate a small retail team from scratch
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders (consumers, authorities, employees, suppliers, institute)
What You Can Look Forward To
- We provide flexible working hours in an innovative and agile working environment
- We cherish uncomplicated interaction with each other in flat hierarchies and with short decision paths
- We foster an open culture and agile way of working with a lot of space to create and develop ideas
- We pay fair – based on your qualifications and experience
- We provide internal and external development opportunities, because stagnation means a step backwards
- We live an error culture with the motto “Fail fast!”, because mistakes make us better if we handle it transparently and learn from it
- We organize team events for a lot of fun besides work
What You Should Know
Sanity Group was founded in 2018 by Finn Age Hänsel and Fabian Friede. The company now employs a team of over 90 employees in Germany at its headquarters in Berlin and its production facility near Frankfurt am Main. Sanity Group brands include Vayamed (pharmaceuticals), Sanity Science (research and production), Belfry Medical (medical devices), VAAY (CBD products) and This Place (natural cosmetics). The company is supported strategically and financially by venture capital companies such as HV Capital as well as by various business angels such as music producer Will.i.am, TV entertainer Klaas Heufer-Umlauf, football player Mario Götze and model Stefanie Giesinger.
SOUNDS GOOD? We are looking forward to receiving your application!
- Location Basel, Basel, Switzerland (On Site)
- Experience Level Mid-Senior