About the job
This is your opportunity to work for CME Automation Systems Ltd, a world leader in the supply of high-quality standard and bespoke packaging machinery for the FMCG market. We design, manufacture and assemble innovative and cost-effective machinery to suit our customers’ needs.
CME is a dynamic, private equity backed company with customers all over the world. Our success is as much about our people as it is about our products and services, and we value them for the role they play in our ongoing success.
To support the next stage in our market development strategy, we are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer into our existing team. The team designs innovative solutions, developing bespoke pioneering designs to support our customers automation journey.
You will experience working within supportive teams on exciting projects within the Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, FMCG and Cannabis sectors. With huge variety in your role, you will see your designs through from concept to 1st off prototype to series production.
Within our Design team, we focus on providing high quality Designs of mechanical components ensuring that they are accurate, innovative, cost effective and produced on time to support project delivery. As a Designer, you will;
- Accurate design and optimisation of mechanical components.
- Produce accurate, clear and defined drawings for component manufacture.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills and a creative approach for new ideas.
- Support projects, deliver on time and within budget.
- Interface with outside suppliers to ensure best results and maintaining good commercial awareness.
- Development of conceptual ideas to fully detailed designs
- Test and development of prototype assemblies
- Develop and maintain appropriate in-house product knowledge base.
- Present design plans and data for technical reviews.
- Adopt Value Engineering principles, ensure that products are fit for purpose and improve the cost-effectiveness, quality and time required of manufacture.
- Support Sales by providing design concepts for bespoke machinery and estimates of time and costs for the design element of potential new projects in a timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge of current state-of-the-art and trends for the future in packaging machinery.
Your skills & experience
- A proven record of success as a Design Engineer preferably in a related industry.
- Specialist technical knowledge – packaging machines, special-purpose machines, design (including calculations).
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. You are comfortable and adept at navigating competing priorities, resolving ambiguity and managing demanding expectations under pressure.
- Able to demonstrate an independent, pro-active and confident approach to managing project-based work.
- Good working knowledge of Value Engineering and continuous improvement/Lean and estimating skills.
- Exceptional and proven technical ability in Inventor
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification or experience
We are seeking people to join us who have a passion for results and a strong determination to succeed. You will be innovative in your thinking, structured in approach and keen to bring your packaging industry knowledge into the business to ensure its Designs are constantly evolving.
You will thrive working in a team environment and want to make a difference to the businesses design process.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people, our business and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
- Location Chard, England, United Kingdom (On-site)
- Salary Offers £30,000/yr - £45,000/yr