About the job
This is your opportunity to work for CME Automation Systems Ltd, a world leader in the supply of high-quality standard and bespoke packaging machinery for the Tobacco, Pharmaceutical and FMCG markets. We design, manufacture and assemble innovative and cost-effective machinery to suit our customers’ needs.
CME is a dynamic, private equity backed company with customers all over the world. Our success is as much about our people as it is about our products and services, and we value them for the role they play in our ongoing success.
You will experience working within supportive teams on exciting projects within the Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage, FMCG, Tobacco and Cannabis sectors. With huge variety in your role, you will work with our manufacturing, procurement and quality teams to ensure our projects have a range of manufactured parts when required.
Within our Manufacturing Team, we focus on providing high-quality service ensuring that products are manufactured in an efficient, cost-effective manner, meeting business quality and delivery requirements. As Manufacturing Engineer, you will;
- Work in conjunction with the manufacturing & logistics manager to see through successful delivery of business demands throughout the whole manufacturing process which can include CNC, Turning, Detailed Fitting, Grinding, Fabrication and through to Stores for issuing and receiving.
- Support our technical design team with R&D demands.
- Determine what quick action processes need to happen for urgent needs on projects. From outsourcing to local suppliers or quick turnaround within the business.
- Control departmental consumables spend, working with suppliers to give value for money without compromising performance.
- Maintain adequate levels of raw material stock to eliminate waiting time.
- Working with the Quality Manager to ensure movement to a quality assurance business model, capturing non-conformance with appropriate corrective actions are in place.
- Covering inspection needs on getting new suppliers set up, using a range of different measuring equipment.
- Communicate any potential issues with delivery, costs, quality and action strategies to reduce their impact on the business.
- Work within Health & Safety guidelines to ensure all work is carried out in a safe and sensible manner.
- Progress chasing on business projects and sales orders.
- Provide support for the costing process and cover when required.
Your skills & experience
- Engineering apprenticeship and/or qualification to at Least BTEC level 3
- Relevant machining experience within an engineering environment
- Experience in inspection – desirable. Training can be provided
- Proven ability in relationship development and stakeholder management
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Good IT skills in Word and Excel and a working knowledge of Infor ERP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the business
We are seeking people to join us who have a passion for results and a strong determination to learn and succeed. You will be a driven, forward thinking, structured individual, keen to bring your experience into innovative organisation.
You will thrive working in a team environment, using your manufacturing skills to help streamline project delivery for manufactured parts.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people, our business and our customers. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
- Location Chard, England, United Kingdom (On-site)
- Salary Offers £30,000/yr - £34,000/yr